Bitwave is a rapidly expanding startup that specializes in software for businesses that use digital assets and crypto. Our platform provides cryptocurrency accounting, tax tracking, bookkeeping, digital asset treasury management, crypto AR / AP tooling, and we recently added full DeFi support (lending pool, liquidity pools, NFTs, etc).
We're looking to hire a highly motivated Accounting Manager to play a key role in building out our internal financial management capabilities. The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive background in accounting/finance, demonstrated success in a high-growth environment and a strong passion for crypto and DeFi.
You will partner with senior management to define and implement a strategy for the company's overall financial activities, assess our financial performance relative to overall strategy, and oversee all aspects of finance including accounting, taxes, and regulatory reporting.
In this role you will:
- Manage financial forecasting, budgeting processes, and oversee the company balance sheet
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting, including working with outside accountants, tax advisors, and financial auditors
- Assess and implement all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation, and communication of accounting standards and financial reporting trends
- Identify, benchmark, and document accounting and disclosure-related matters
- Develop relationships and work closely with external auditors, business leaders and senior management to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and guidance to determine accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Lead internal control documentation, implementation, and compliance process
- 10+ years of experience within corporate accounting or financial controller’s function
- BA/BS degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field. An advanced graduate degree is a plus
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- Fintech, crypto company experience strongly preferred; demonstrated success in a start-up environment is required
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to drive planning, forecasting, systems and infrastructure
- Understanding of sophisticated accounting, regulatory, and tax planning issues