Bitwave is a rapidly expanding startup that specializes in software for businesses that use digital assets and crypto. Our platform provides cryptocurrency accounting, tax tracking, bookkeeping, digital asset treasury management, crypto AR / AP tooling, and we recently added full DeFi support (lending pool, liquidity pools, NFTs, etc).
We're looking to hire a world-class engineering leader to join our team as our first Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate can both build and lead a team, but also isn't afraid to get their hands dirty - we're growing like crazy and need a heavy hitter.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for building and leading a high performing engineering team.
- Be responsible for running an effective agile process and eventually managing managers.
- Have direct influence on the architecture of Bitwave's systems and technical choices.
- Ideally code on a daily basis, primarily backend.
- Interest in digital assets, decentralized finance, and cryptocurrencies
- BS degree in Technical expertise area
- 7+ years of experience in building enterprise software and coding
- 4+ years of experience working on cloud software and
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team
- Ideally 1+ year of experience with blockchain and smart contracts
- Hard-working, dedicated, data-driven
- Ability to excel both independently and work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated commitment to understanding and prioritizing the needs of the customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with agile tracking tools, CI / CD, GCP