Bitwave is an enterprise software and services company with the mission of bringing digital assets to enterprises.
We’ve built an enterprise software platform that enables enterprises to meet their digital asset/cryptocurrency specific accounting, tax, treasury, and management obligations. In most situations our platform is a subledger processing millions of digital asset transactions and producing accounting and tax reporting that integrate with our client’s ERP.
Additionally we provide consulting services to our clients centered around the implementation of our software platform including: Digital Asset Industry POVs on various matters, Process, Risk and Controls Design, Implementation Program Management, Data, Reporting and Reconciliation Builds, Training/Change Management
Our platform and solutions are delivered to more than 60 clients today.
Desired Experiences and Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate that uniquely combines (a) deep accounting subject matter expertise (b) professional services experience (c) tech/software and/or digital asset enthusiasm
- Significant Experience in a professional services setting auditing and/or advising clients on accounting and/or tax issues
- Significant Experience researching technical accounting issues, interpreting GAAP, GAAS, IFRS, PCAOB standards, and producing accounting memorandum to support a POV on accounting matters and defending POV to leadership
- Significant Experience working with heads of financial reporting, Controllers, CAOs, CFOs and other finance leadership
- Significant Interest and Experience in supporting clients in a customer success role. Specifically supporting production of financial reporting for clients, month end close, justification of accounting decisions etc.
- Interest in building and sharing thought leadership on accounting and/or tax matters in a new industry in unique space is a plus
- Some experience with or desire to experience accounting and producing financial reporting for small businesses and startups is a plus
- Some experience with or desire to work in a startup environment is a plus
- Some experience with ERPs systems (e.g. Oracle, NetSuite, Quickbooks)
- Interest in cryptocurrency space is a plus
- Interest in building software for enterprises is a plus
- CPA Required